THANK YOU for participating in my monthly Christmas challenge and have a wonderful Christmas as well as a glorious Happy New Year ! X The challenge is on hiatus for the time being and will start again last quarter of 2012 or from January 2013 at the latest. I apologise for the inconvenience

Monday, 5 January 2009

Week #1 Happy New Year ! - My Christmas Cards Challenge starts today !


Happy New Year everyone ! After being quiet for a while, I'm pleased to start my Christmas Card challenge again.

This year we're doing things differently: the challenge is every MONDAY so it's weekly now. Every week I'll post a card made either by Vince or myself and you can add your cards in the COMMENTS section as usual. You can make as many cards as you want during the week but one card a week will do just fine. You don't have to play every week either just add your cards when you have a sudden Xmas urge ! LOL

Now repeat after me " We love Brenda Pinnick" ! I've used, again, her lovely Christmas Card Keeper kit I bought last year, that kit goes on and on......brilliant. Since it's very cold in London and we're going minus for the next few days, I tought an icy blue/turquoise card would be just right up our alley ! Everything is from her Christmas Card Keeper but the rhinestone brads page 82 (Stampin' Up) and the turquoise ribbon 'Icy Rainbow' (HOTP).

I've applied the sentiment transparent quote to some white cardstock and cut around with wavy scissors. I've also used some Anita 3D gloss finish on the snowflake chipboard and added a sequin as well as a gemstone. Two corners from the kit were applied together with two brads on the edge of the card. Finally I shaped a piece of ribbon and added it behind the sentiment. The third brad went in the middle of the round glittered snowflake. It's a simple card but I like the hues of colour of icy cold blue and turquoise.

Add your links to your Xmas cards in the comments section please ! Have fun with our new 2009 Christmas Cards Challenge.




You can see the rest of my blog clicking the Big banner on top of this page or you can click this link Fab's Big Christmas Cards Challenge
Related Posts with Thumbnails